With the weather starting to warm up over the next couple of months, everyone will soon be seeking an oasis to cool off and relax in. Spring is the best time of year to begin to make your list of springtime safety tips for children and adults alike. Adding as many water safety steps as possible is the best way to assure a safe and fun experience in a residential swimming pool or spa.
Staying Close, Being Alert and Watching Children in and Around the Pool
- Always watch your children when they are in or near a pool or spa
- Teach children basic water safety tips
- Keep children away from pool drains, pipes and other openings to avoid entrapment
- Have a portable telephone close by at all times when you or your family are using a pool or spa
- If a child is missing, look for him or her in the pool or spa first
- Share safety instructions with family, friends and neighbors