Staying Safe Around Swimming Pools
A swimming pool can be a great source of family fun. But it’s important to make safety a priority to protect children and others in and around the water.
A PERMANENT POOL FENCE around you’re pool is the most common and provides the best physical barrier because it completely seals off the pool – permanently. A pool fence is THE most important backup you can have in place to direct supervision of a child near the pool. In fact, most cities require permanent fences around pools at homes where children 6 years old and younger are living.
The pros and cons of a permanent pool fence include:
- Accepted in all municipality cities for its primary pool barrier ordinance.
- The pool fence is a permanent structure that’s designed to go around the pool so the pool area is completely isolated from the rest of the house and property when not in use and under supervision.
- The gate’s ability to spring close itself and LOCK itself is extremely important to a successful system.
- Design: Ironwork can be decorative and attractive and compliment the pool
- A gate that does not lock automatically is at severe risk with small children around the house. Just one forgetful person, child or adult, leaving the gate unclosed could result in a drowning incident which makes the pool fence completely useless.
- Design: Hinders and blocks the view and can rust and then need to be replaced
A REMOVABLE POOL FENCE is another good way to provide a physical barrier because it completely encloses the pool but can be taken down when necessary. The removable pool fence can be installed quickly and is generally made out of vinyl posts with mesh see-through gates.
The pros and cons of a removable pool fence include: [Read more…]