Here are items that should be done WEEKLY:
- Lawn Maintenance – new sod needs to be mowed within a few weeks of installation, but be cautious not to cut it too short.
- Irrigation Maintenance – you should be slowly starting to CUT BACK your lawn & plant irrigation times & days starting NOW! See our recommended irrigation times & schedules HERE (click for link to our irrigation time training page & irrigation schedules). Also, a weekly review of irrigation emmitters & checking nozzles can ensure things are working properly….
- Pool Maintenance – Maintaining Water Chemistry is CRITICAL to preserving your warranties for your pool, interior & equipment. Allowing chemicals to get “Out-of-Whack” can cause physical damage to your plaster or pebble! If our pool school left you with questions, contact us (or visit your local pool supplier for FREE WATER TESTING!) They will test your water & sell you the correct amount of chemicals to add. This should be done as often as WEEKLY! ** Look for a more detailed Pool maintenance email in a few days!
Here are other items that should be done MONTHLY:
- Lighting System – Our lighting systems are designed to last for years to come, but bulb maintenance is critical, and should be checked every 30 days or so. The first set of bulbs should last between 1 – 5 years (Just getting you prepared!)
- General Overall Inspection – It’s just good practice to walk through your project monthly to make sure things are in good working order. Things you can check (drainage, gates, stucco & masonry, artificial lawn, waterfeatures, etc…)
- Water features- Pool & Landscape waterfeatures need constant care and maintenance. The items you must check periodically are (pump – making sure it’s free of debris, electrical – making sure it’s plugged in & working, water autofill – making sure it works properly, filters – keeping them clean & free of dirt).
- Gas/Electric – most of our projects contain gas & electrical lines that need to be inspected a few times per year. Just make sure these are in good working order, valves close properly, and there are no “noticeable” issues that may cause future problems or leaks.
- Plant/Tree Maintenance – Yes, we have also turned these over to you too! For the most part, AZ has shrubs & trees that can be lightly pruned once a year, but don’t let them out of control!