Misting Pump Maintenance
UNIQUE’S recommended maintenance for misting pumps includes an annual review of the misting pump and all of its working components. The most critical ongoing maintenance items should be closely watched. These critical items include:
- changing the oil
- changing the filter cartridge
- periodic check for water or oil leaks
- periodic check of all critical components
Suggested Maintenance for Any Misting Pump includes:
- The misting pump uses oil to maintain lubrication and cooling within the crankcase. It is easy to assume all is well because the pump continues to run. But waiting until something fails can result in catastrophic damage to the pump. The initial oil change should be once the pump is broken in after the first 50 hours of operation. After that, oil changes should be completed after every 500 hours of operation. All Fogco pumps include an hour meter to determine the proper time for the needed oil change.
- The filters on the misting system are the last line of defense to prevent debris from entering the pump. The cartridges should be inspected monthly and replaced at least once a year. Dual filtration is also a good idea for areas which have extremely hard water or misting systems which are using well water.
3. All water pumps have rubber seals which are designed to wear. This is a necessity in order for the rubber material used to be able to seal around the pistons and create the pressure in the misting pump. These seals will need to be replaced whenever the pump begins to leak. Typically, this will occur between 500 and 2000 hours of operation depending on the specific misting pump design, the operating conditions, and the overall condition of the water supply. The pump should be checked for water leaks every time the oil is changed.
4. For all pulley driven pumps, the pulley belt should be checked each time the oil is changed. If cracking or splitting of the belt is observed, then the belt should be replaced immediately to avoid potential damage to the unit or injury to someone near the pump.