ABOUT OUR SWIMMING POOLS, POOL REMODELS AND CUSTOM SPAS
UNIQUE Custom Pools, LLC was created to work with and complement our landscape division. This addition formed what is referred to as the UNIQUE Companies, and is what allows us to provide our Arizona customers with all of the services of a true full service outdoor living contractor. And although the UNIQUE Companies specializes in complete projects, UNIQUE Custom Pools is also prepared to accommodate any customer who is only interested in a swimming pool, spa or swimming pool remodel of any size. UNIQUE Custom Pool customers benefit from the vast experience of the entire UNIQUE Companies knowledge and experience for any project from a new installation of a pool and spa to an addition of a water or fire feature to an existing pool. Our background in complete outdoor living area projects means that we are highly skilled at all aspects of swimming pool and spa construction and will work effectively and efficiently to complete your project. In addition, the UNIQUE design team is happy to collaborate with you or make suggestions for additional landscape projects throughout your property.
MASTER BUILT POOLS
Chris Griffin, who is the owner of the UNIQUE Companies, holds a degree in engineering and is constantly refining and upgrading all of UNIQUE’S swimming pool construction methods and techniques. His knowledge of engineering allows him to evaluate new methods and processes to ensure that UNIQUE continues to operate using only industry best practices. Any new technique will be stringently tested to be certain that it provides UNIQUE customers with only the best quality end result before it becomes a production standard. From infloor cleaning systems to structural integrity of the swimming pool, there is nothing average about UNIQUE swimming pool construction methods. UNIQUE focuses on building a higher quality pool than most Arizona pool companies. This promise to UNIQUE customers can be made because our team of dedicated professionals is committed to extreme attention to detail in every aspect of swimming pool and spa construction. From the structural integrity and function to overall appearance of the finished product, UNIQUE pools and spas stand out from the crowd of simply average projects.
Here are just some of the reasons why you will want to have UNIQUE build your new swimming pool or remodel your existing one:
STRUCTURAL / FUNCTIONAL
- SWIMMING POOL SHELL– The “Shell” of a swimming pool is the single most critical aspect of the pool when considering long-term stability and function. From precision excavation to shotcrete, UNIQUE has improved on many of Arizona’s swimming pool standards. Shotcrete standards are currently 3000PSI but UNIQUE chooses to use 3500PSI with fiber mesh on every pool. The additional strength of the concrete is easy to understand and appreciate, but it is the fiber mesh which holds the concrete together on a molecular basis. These are smart choices made by an engineer who is committed to providing his clients with only the best product available. You will find this in every UNIQUE swimming pool.
- PLUMBING– The most under-rated aspect of a swimming pool and spa construction process is plumbing. Pool plumbing is usually done once, then covered with steel and concrete forever. As technology improves, so does pool equipment, filtration and maintenance methods. To “Future Proof” all UNIQUE swimming pools and optimize circulation and filtration, we believe in oversized plumbing throughout the entire pool. The industry standard is 2” suction lines and 2”/1.5” return lines. UNIQUE Custom Pools uses only 2.5” suction lines, split main drain/skimmers, and dedicated vacuum lines. This increase in plumbing capacity provides UNIQUE customers with full control over swimming pool circulation and plumbing.
- INFLOOR SYSTEM– Maintenance of a swimming pool is the biggest concern for most homeowners when building or buying a pool. There are several infloor systems available, but we believe we provide UNIQUE customers with the best system on the market. Our MagnaSweep system has superior engineering which allows 100% of the pool suction to be diverted to the main drain. This is where all of the dirt and debris accumulates. Most Phoenix swimming pools have only 50% suction, or less, at the main drain. In short, the added benefit of this design is more cleaning ability and a cleaner pool for you to enjoy. This superior technology can be explained in detail during our free pool consultation. Just ask your UNIQUE designer about this amazing process.
- WATER SANITIZATION– Water quality and maintenance are equally as important as cleaning your pool. To complement the UNIQUE oversized plumbing, cleaning systems, and circulation methods, UNIQUE offers systems which will regulate chlorine & pH levels so that they remain consistent. These systems manage the salt and PH while the Ozone system improves the function of chlorine in your pool. These systems combined with a UNIQUE custom design can decrease your pool maintenance by as much as 95%!
- EQUIPMENT– Cheap pool equipment has never been beneficial for a swimming pool or any pool owner. For that reason, UNIQUE only provides our clients with Pentair equipment. Pentair continues to produce better solutions, products, and automation than any other pool equipment manufacturer. UNIQUE believes that Pentair’s wide assortment of products, coupled with their competitive price provides the perfect solution for all of our Arizona pools. In addition, Pentair makes the only Variable Speed, Energy Efficient pump on the market which has been proven to save 30% more electricity than any other manufacturer’s product. Finally, it is also programmable to different speeds to accommodate your pools specific water requirements. Go “Green” with UNIQUE and Pentair Pool Products.
- INTERIOR FINISH– Many consumers have no idea that all pebble surfaces are not of equal quality or life expectancy. The interior finish of your swimming pool is the single largest investment which you will face when it is time to remodel your pool. With that in mind, you will want to verify that your pool interior is of the highest possible quality and integrity. Be certain that you understand which product you are purchasing and who manufactures the product. This is the only way to be certain that you are getting a name brand surface and the warranty which is offered by the manufacturer. UNIQUE uses PebbleTEC and PebbleSHEEN brand, which is regarded as the highest quality and longest lasting in the industry. In addition, our installation crews continue to receive national recognition as “one of the best in the nation”, because of their vast experience and the number of installation which we have completed in Phoenix. We are proud that our crew installs 10-12 surfaces each week, 52 weeks a year. This experience and knowledge allows them to be the very best at what they do and is why the manufacturers are comfortable in naming UNIQUE as one of their premier installation contractors.
- DECKING & PATIOS– Pool decking is one of the finishing touches to any pool project and the UNIQUE team is here to complete your entire project in house. UNIQUE Landscapes assists with every pool project by doing the flagstone, pavers, concrete or “cool-deck” patios for the pool division. You will get the opportunity to meet and watch some of the most skilled landscape and masonry craftsmen in Phoenix as the finishing touches are completed by the UNIQUE Landscapes award winning team.
- WATER FEATURES– The focal point of every pool is a water feature or waterfall. It takes years of practice and a great deal of trial-and-error before mastering the art of designing and building a stunning water feature. UNIQUE has our own team of full time waterfall specialists who can build freeform rock waterfalls to architectural columns with pots spilling water, or water sheers spilling into a pool. Their knowledge and years of experience in the construction of water features along with Chris Griffin’s engineering degree mean that UNIQUE customers are constantly amazed by their one of a kind water features. If you can imagine it, the UNIQUE water feature team can build it and Chris can engineer the plumbing and calculate the hydraulics to be certain that the finished product will not only meet but often times exceed your greatest expectations. Then the UNIQUE design team can integrate these amazing features into your landscape design.
- LANDSCAPING– Many homeowners find that no pool company does landscaping, but they are all willing to refer someone who can handle your landscape project. This referral can often change from one company to another and there is really no incentive for a homeowner to take the chance with this unknown entity. But you will never get a landscape referral from UNIQUE because we are one of the only full service outdoor contractors in the valley. UNIQUE holds licenses as a pool contractor, a landscape contractor and a general contractor. This allows the UNIQUE Companies to legally perform any task involved in completing any project that you might desire for your yard or outdoor living space. There will never be any issues for you such as coordinating between contractors or debating who is responsible for warranty issues. UNIQUE is your only choice for a full service outdoor contractor and our job is not complete until you are satisfied with the entire pool and landscape project. Work with a single designer for all of your needs, sign a single contract and then follow up with a single point of contact throughout your entire project. Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality finished product as well as the best customer service experience throughout the project.
All of our swimming pools are backed by written warranties which exceed the industry standards, including a “Lifetime” warranty on our pool shells. As a full service outdoor contractor, we have eliminated one of the most difficult situations which most homeowners face. In order to protect the pool warranty offered by most installers, the homeowner must not begin any additional projects in the yard until the pool is completed. This means that your landscaping and outdoor living areas cannot be constructed until the pool is completed and the warranty has begun. This also means that many homeowners have a perfectly good pool that they can’t use for a month or two as they wait for their landscape to be completed. But all of this headache and time consuming scheduling can be avoided simply by using the only full service contractor in the valley. You deserve the UNIQUE experience and will never be sorry that you entrusted your entire outdoor oasis to Chris Griffin and his team of design and construction professionals.